Thursday, September 6, 2012

Garage Light



I slump up the back  stairs

This Tuesday cannot end soon enough
I am a kicking bag, I am an paraplegic sparring partner
the kitchen lights, always fluorescent
Erin hates them
little mercury curly fries,
shed ambiance on the yard

She always forgets to turn on the garage light
Some nightly thief stole her new bike
still she forgets every   single    ......oh who cares
so I slump

through the back door window
I stop and watch as Erin washes the dishes
I do this until she notices
she smiles when she catches me
in awe of her
and lets me into our 120 year old home

"Hey"
"Hi"
"Long day?"

I just kiss her

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday...Sunday
These are the iron days
I look in the fridge, shuffle about, go into the living room
let the TV watch me

Dinner is ready, Olive is in bed
It's late, It's always late on these days

"Can you do me a favor?"
"I would do anything you ask."
"I know..."

No comments:

Post a Comment