Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dogs of the Bone

When I was born a pup to a clan of family dogs
They loved with a harsh hand: True family dogs

My brothers were pit bulls, hating the cage
my sister: no queen, running with the family dogs

I lived everywhere, moving, always running
to a strange land, a land without family dogs

The city loves a stray, wait that is hate I think
so went the days of pretend, longing for family dogs

Drink from the illusion, smoke the good intentions
sleep in the alley, know freedom, forgotten family dogs

Every home needs a dog and every bone needs a friend
I want to go home; smell your hand, live as a family dog

As I ran to my false utopia, so I ran back home
vulgar,imperfect, always kind and fierce family dogs

I will build a castle to call my own, but not be a king
have my pups, settle my mind, live as a family dog

No comments:

Post a Comment