Monday, March 11, 2013

I was a ROBOT


The arc of pure light is blinding
It was a message all in binary perfection
I didn’t know I was in the machine

Those files they die too, the hard-
drive can be erased by gears and suction
The arc of pure light is blinding

You were buried, fragmented inside
I hated the way you programmed your son
I didn’t know I was from the machine

Three days dead a father told one boy
Not the other good son, not the automaton
The beauty of pure light is blinding

My brother told me my hate had died
The text was so much; it burned my iron skin
I did not know I was a machine

Opened to the light, the memories dance
If she died must my hate die? Will I speak with him?
The arc of pure light is blinding
I am still, with curious hope, part machine

No comments:

Post a Comment