Monday, March 25, 2013

Remember to Remember

I am not sure if I remember how to remember.
I am so good at forgetting how things go and such
is the way of a man who chooses the blind eyes
as a way to remember that forgetting is the only way.

I am so good at forgetting how things go and change
the way you must look upon life. I burn the memory
as a way to remember that forgetting it the only way
to cut out the massive tumor, or should I ignore?

The best way to look upon life is to burn the memory
of your father who taught you how to yell and paint
but not to cut out the massive tumor that cannot be ignored
any longer. I remember when we went to the ocean.

You do know your father was a painter and he knew
about beauty. I remember how he used to laugh when
we went to the ocean. The memory is salty with forgetting
how to burn it all. In the mirror he smiles at me.

Beauty must live with regret, remember how I used to laugh?
Look at this foolish man who chooses the blind eyes.
In the mirror he smiles at me but it all burns away.
I am not sure if I remember how to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment